I am behind on rent or utilities

Resources are severely inadequate, but if you are behind on rent and/or utilities or experienced a shutoff, there are federal, state, and local programs that might assist you.

Rental assistance

**The CERA program is closed to new applicants unless you have an active eviction case (you received a court summons). For those living in Detroit, Highland Park and Hamtramck who have an active eviction case, go to www.DetroitEvictionHelp.com or call 866-313-2520. Attend your court hearing and ask to speak with an "agency attorney" about rental assistance options.**

Utility assistance